top of page

New paper!

The last paper from my time at The Morton Arboretum is finally published! I started working on this project in 2017, and am thrilled to have it out before 2020 ends. We used drone-based remote sensing to estimate productivity in a prairie restoration experiment. We found that out of the metrics we used, volume is the best predictor of vegetation biomass. We also examined heritability of traits related to productivity, and found that those most correlated with our measures of productivity were the least phylogenetically conserved.

This paper could not have happened without a great team of co-authors: Andrew Hipp, Nisa Karimi, Ashley Tuffin, Bryant Scharenbroch, and Chuck Cannon.

Read Andrew's blog post about the paper here.

And find the paper itself in Applications in Plant Sciences (and a .pdf on my publications page)

20 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page